Tuesday 16 July 2013

My My, it has been ages

Obviously I was aware that I hadn't visited this blog in a few weeks but I had no idea it had been this long.

Time flies when you have fun, but time most surely skyrockets when you are busy.

We're in the middle of summer school. The builders are still busy every day with the new school but the new P.E. court has been declared accessible for the students today and I'm sure Xenne will be very happy tomorrow when he comes to school.

Apart from the job of teaching English to Grade 6, 7, and 8, I am very busy with preparing homemade watercolour paints, ice chalk, homemade playdough, baking pizza (and teaching Thandar and Sheila how to do it with good results), and all other things that are kids-related.

This weekend we made icecream from bananas (and nothing else). It turned out to be 'heel erg lekker' (very delicious) according to Xenne and absolutely no diary whatsoever. Not that the kids are allergic or anything but most ingredients for icecream are fairly expensive here. So stuff made of only bananas definitely hits the spot in more ways that one since a bunch costs next to nothing here.

With 4 weeks to go before the school starts again for the teachers at least, I will make some time to add some pictures and comments on the Bagan/Mandalay trip we made mid-June.

No comments: