Thursday 6 October 2011

And the other part that I wanted to post the other day...

I'd planned to write a nice observation on something or another tonight but am too tired. Of course we have the normal family things going on. Thandar went over to a friend's house on Saturday. That was a new experience for all of us. She did miss home a little I think since she called 3 times for various reasons. Xenne and I made apple-cinnamon muffins from a banana-nut recipe. I sometimes have to improvise a bit here. This time Kyaw Kyaw was supposed to bring bananans but had too much shopping stuff already. It was a very good experiment and there are 2 only muffins left. I also made some oat- and wholemeal buns. That was also something I was asked to do again. And true, they taste great. Baking bread and cookies is something I do more and more. Especially since everybody here likes it when I do it. You can get good quality bread here prices start between 4 and $4. Not to mention that you have to take a taxi either to one of the big hotels or to Sharkey's and you enjoy bread for about $8. That is a bit much I think. Besides, This way I can bake whatever I want. And those oat-whole meal buns are definitely not to be had elsewhere.

Then today we did our shopping, I corrected a Maths test and some homework. For dinner I made an impromptu 'pesto' -sauce to top the pizza. That took em a little longer than I expected but the result was great. KK and Thandar especially were almost fighting over the last bits.

When Thandar had her first taste of western food (pasta) she said she didn't like it. Now, she asks me every other day when I'll be cooking and baking next.... It seems I'm doing something right in the kitchen...

No comments: